The Regent Park World Urban Pavilion (Pavilion) is a collaboration between the Urban Economy Forum Association and UN-Habitat with the support of Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC) and The Daniels Corporation. The Pavilion partnership was launched on November 12th, 2020, by the Honourable Ahmed Hussen, Canadian Minister of Families, Children and Social Development and the Minister Responsible for Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC),
Although the Pavilion has been in the making for over three years, which was a result of the annual Urban Economy Forum Resolution 2019, The Pavilion officially open its doors on April 21, 2022.
1. Support cities in Canada and globally through the mobilization and exchange of knowledge, innovation, and applied research to accelerate the realization of sustainable development and to future proof cities to better recover from crises.
2. Design and implement innovative pilot initiatives that are replicable and scalable as alternative models for sustainable urbanisation, in collaboration with national and local authorities, international organisations, academia, the private sector and local stakeholders.
3. Evaluate cities through comprehensive urban assessments to define priorities and actions to realize Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) by improving the use of urban data, knowledge, and innovation.
4. Establish a global network of stakeholders to identify and exhibit urban practices, and to contribute to ongoing dialogue through interactive campaigns related to sustainable urbanisation.
5. Improve civil society participation through new opportunities for the public, including youth, women and Indigenous Communities, for optimum civic engagement at the local, national and global levels to realize the urban SDGs.
6. Establish UN-Habitat's SDG Cities Program as a global hub in Canada by improving investment opportunities with high impact and long-term results.
© 2024 The World Urban Pavilion in Regent Park. All rights reserved.
We need your consent to load the translations
We use a third-party service to translate the website content that may collect data about your activity. Please review the details and accept the service to view the translations.